As Peter Hoeg said, “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.” And it’s totally true, especially when you are traveling alone. Traveling alone has given me many lessons and made me a different person inside.
“A home is when you leave it, there’s that feeling that you can’t shake. You just miss it.” [Neal Cassidy – Once Upon A Time]. (Haha yeah I’ve been watching quite a lot of this series. :p) Ohhhhh.. How I miss traveling a lot, how I miss exploring again. I miss the excitement, being who I truly am, free.
It’s memories that is always there, that’s always you have when the moments are not there anymore to feel. But memories help you remember the feeling once you had. And now I’m gonna share 23 things I felt while I travelled… in which I think, if you felt some of these things, I’d say, welcome to my world! 😀
- Expensive food in restaurant is not always tasty (gratis food is tastier)
- You don’t think you could wear the same jeans for the whole week without washing them
- You think many times before buying food in restaurant when you see the price but end up buying one for yourself and you feel poor after that
- You cannot explain the happy feeling when you find a tap drinking water
- You don’t care about your hairstyle, if you do, you just comb your hair with your fingers or tied your hair without combing them
- You bought a lot of things in supermarket when its tagged “discount” even if its not useful.
- You take your breakfast/lunch/dinner late sometime to save the food in your stomach to have 1 meal time for 2
- It’s ok to stop & sit & daydream sometime
- You like walking so much as its giving you time to enjoy the place while your brain are wandering around
- You don’t know how, when or where, you get the miracle of becoming a wiser person
- It always feels good to find “free wifi”
- You don’t want anything anymore except eating ice cream in a hot sunny day (a) or chocolate would be fine too.
- You feel stupid when you realize you bring so much things in your bag you don’t use/need.
- You feel so cool to be in the local public transport
- You learn how to say thank you in local language and wish you know how to speak more
- You cannot remember the name of the days or date anymore
- A comfy bed or hot water shower are the most luxurious things you’ve ever wanted
- You find a place that might interest you, you don’t really know where it is, but you keep going there anyway. (because it looks easy on the map)
18(a). but it was not and you end up getting lost, so you go to another place that takes you, and you don’t feel any regret in the end.
18(b). or regret, so you decided to go back, and start all over the journey to reach the first place you want to visit.until you finally find it, when you realized it was so damn easy to reach.
- You want to buy something you really need in the store, but it was too expensive and decided not to buy it, then after you feel big regret and wish to turn back the time.
- Even though the children can’t speak your language, you understand each other and its always good to speak with them.
20(a). Smile and laugh from children are enough to coolen your heart and turn your bad mood into good.
- Having good pair of shoes = awesome journey!
- You don’t mind spending more time in a public transportation just to save some bucks
- You miss talking with your own language.
So there they are. Do you feel the same or have any things in common? I’d really love to hear your travel experience too! Sharing is caring, isn’t it? 😀